Online Software Shop
Buy a new PRTG License
What is the difference between the PRTG Network Monitor licenses?
Licenses of PRTG differ by two parameters:
• The maximum number of sensors.
• The number of allowed core server installations.
|PRTG License||Sensors||Number of core server installations|
|Freeware Edition||100||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|30-Days-Trial||unlimited||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|PRTG 500||500||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|PRTG 1000||1,000||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|PRTG 2500||2,500||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|PRTG 5000||5,000||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|PRTG Unlimited(1)||unlimited||1 (plus 1 for Failover Node in Cluster)|
|PRTG Corporate Country(1, 2)||unlimited||multiple within one corporation|
|PRTG Corporate 5 Core Global(1, 3)||unlimited||5 within one corporation|
1 Please see size recommendations.
2 The PRTG Corporate Country allows multiple installations of the core server in different sites of one corporation in one country.
3 The PRTG Corporate 5 Core Global allows up to 5 installations of the core server in different sites of one corporation in different countries.
What counts as a sensor?
The licensing options are based on the number of sensors. Each of the following items counts as one sensor:
- Monitoring traffic/bandwidth on one port of any device via SNMP (e.g. switch, firewall, server) using the MIB2 standard
- Monitoring errors/min, unicast packets/s, non-unicast packets/s on one port of a device via SNMP using the MIB2 standard
- Monitoring one other system parameter via SNMP (e.g. CPU, diskspace etc.) that is accessible via one OID value
- Monitoring traffic going through one local network card (NIC) via Packet Sniffing. If you use filtering then each set of filters counts as one sensor.
- Monitoring of one stream of data traffic via xFlow (NetFlow, sFlow, jFlow) Monitoring. If you use filtering then each filterset counts as one sensor.
The number of actual hardware devices is not taken into account at all, only the number of sensors. For the "unlimited licenses" the number of sensors that can be monitored is not programmatically limited by the software itself, but may be limited by your software, hardware and network.
Software Maintenance Terms
When purchasing a license you receive 12 months of Software Maintenance.
During the time of this Software Maintenance
- you can log in to download the latest version for free at any time (this includes all bugfixes and all new versions of the product that you have purchased).
- you are entitled to receive priority email support via our support-ticket system.
- you can log in to re-request your license key for free at any time.
The Software Maintenance can be renewed after one year. The price will be 25% of the current list price of the original license, in effect when the renewal is ordered. For your convenience, we will give you advance notification by email before your maintenance plan expires.
Please note that after expiration, you will no longer be able to download the software or new versions from our website. When you extend your Software Maintenance plan we sum up the total maintenance packages and calculate the duration from the time of the initial purchase of the license on.
In the case of support issues, priority is always given to customers with maintenance contracts.